A rare and beautiful 19th century estate is the setting for an innovative educational and training program in heritage conservation.
The two come together in a living, learning and working environment that celebrates the revitalization of our cultural and historical legacy. This is WILLOWBANK! Click on the link and be transported.
Heritage Disaster Planning Protocol. What can be done, when disaster strikes. Watch out for our article in the upcoming “CHONews”
See what Hamilton did
Also,check out this informative slide show:
A background primer on legislation and best practice This is a great intro created by Marcus Letourneau for the April 1, 2011 MHS Orientation workshop in Kingston.
Morrish Store and Residence Saved – Read the Article!
- Previous news retained for reference (links may not be active).
- November 2008 – Inspired by the Private Member’s Bill ‘Gravesites of Former Premiers Act’ the McGuinty government is honouring recognizing former premiers through the Premiers Gravesites Program.
- 04/28/05• Bill 60 – An Act to Amend the Ontario Heritage Act assented to April 28, 2005
- Act to Amend the Ontario Heritage Act
- The Auditor General’s report in 2003 revealed significant deficiencies regarding Canada’s heritage stewardship.
- 2007 Auditor General’s Status report on progress in heritage stewardship.
- The Heritage Resources Centre website at the University of Waterloo has been re-designed.
- Changes to the Heritage act via the Government Efficiency Act
- The Heritage Property Tax Reduction
- Federal Historic Places Initiative
Bill 209, the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002 was passed December 12, 2002. It affects municipally governed cemeteries.
Bill 179 the Government Efficiency Act 2002 received Royal Assent on November 28, 2002